Your Job Loss Resource Guide
Job loss is a big worry for every generation, but it’s a special issue if you’re getting ready for retirement.
Maybe you’ve been working in the same field for 30 years, and don’t have any commutable skills. Maybe you’re a great employee, but your position is becoming automated. Maybe you hate going to work everyday and it shows in your performance.
There are plenty of personal reasons for leaving a job, or worrying about job loss late-career. But your prospects don’t have to stay bleak. Check out these resources to learn more about coping with and even benefiting from potential job loss.
Know the Signs
Not sure if your job is at risk or not? These posts will help you learn to know the signs:
- Over 50? Here Are 15 Retirement Stats You Need to Know
- Why Generation X Workers Are Between a Rock and a Hard Place
- 8 Signs Your Job May Be At Risk
- Full-time Employment Is Going Extinct (And That’s the Good News)
- Why Corporate Job Security Is a Myth
If you’ve already been laid off or fired, then it’s time to hit the ground running. These resources will help you change your outlook and get started with the next stage of your life:
- Losing Your Corporate Job Could Be the Best Thing That Ever Happened
- How to Prepare for a Job Change (Whether You Want It or Not)
- The First Step to Financial Freedom
- Be an Entrepreneur to Aid Your Retirement
- How to Overcome Job Insecurity
- The 5 Critical Components of Surviving Job Loss
Most Popular Posts
These are the posts that people loved the most about job loss in today’s economy:
- Will Robots Take Our Jobs?
- Mind the Gap, Then Fund the Gap
- Your Retirement Fix: Stop Listening to Your Own Excuses
- Your Retirement Planning Warning
- Job Loss Affects You Beyond the Bank Account
- 5 Reasons to Be Concerned About Another Financial Crisis
Still need some guidance on how to cope with late-career job loss? Here are some other resources to help you learn more:
- What to Look For In a Financial Advisor
- What You’re Doing Wrong and the Retirement Fix
- The Fallacy of the Bigger Bonus
- How to Change Your Retirement Plan
Thanks for reading our Job Loss Resource Guide! Losing your job doesn’t have to be the end of the world, even if you’re 55. Join our community to learn more about how to plan for and cope with job loss, and turn it into an opportunity for retirement success.
Want the PDF?
Download the PDF of this article. (And dozens of others.)