Retirement planning isn’t what it used to be. The economy, our life expectancies, and the work environment have changed so much. Sticking with the 4% rule is the last thing you need to be doing now. Many people with retirement on the horizon already know they didn’t save enough. And there’s no where near enough years to make up the difference. So what’s the solution? How can you make retirement happen in today’s economy? All of your retirement strategy questions can be answered with these posts from the blog:
The times are changing, and your retirement strategy needs to change with them. Check out some of these articles to learn about how the new economy impacts retirement:
- Why Being a Corporate Executive Isn’t What It Used to Be
- Why Generation X Workers are Between a Rock and a Hard Place
- Full-time Employment Is Going Extinct (And That’s the Good News)
- Over 50? Here are 15 Retirement Stats You Need to Know
- How to Calculate Your Retirement Age
- What Should You Have Saved for Retirement at 50?
You might think you’re the only one with these retirement struggles, but think again. There are many challenges that face pre-retirees today. Read about them here:
- How Healthcare Can Affect Your Retirement Savings
- Beyond the Assembly Line: 7 Top Jobs Replaced By Robots
- Is Student Debt Your Biggest Retirement Concern?
- Why You Shouldn’t Trust Your Pension Plan
- The Worst Ways to Prepare for Retirement
- The Fallacy of the Bigger Bonus
- Why Your Retirement Is a Myth
Yes, there’s always a way to bounce back and make your retirement a reality. Check out these posts to learn more:
- How to Change Your Retirement Plan
- Healthcare Can Destroy Your Retirement. Here’s the Solution
- Need a Retirement Fix? A Demotion Might Help
- Is Real Estate a Good Retirement Investment?
- 4 Ways to Boost Your Savings for Retirement With a Private Business
- The Best Way to Attack Debt and Gain Financial Freedom
- How to Boost Savings for Retirement When You’re Over 50
- How to Build a Contingency Plan With No Extra Money
- Be an Entrepreneur to Aid Your Retirement
Some Extra Inspiration
Still not convinced you can turn your retirement prospects around? Read some of these posts to find inspiration:
- How Women Are Improving Their Retirement Outlook
- 3 Reasons to Retire Early Overseas
- Yes, You Can Start a Business and Keep Your Day Job
- 4 Benefits of Having an Alternative Place to Retire
Here are the most popular retirement strategy posts on our blog:
- Compensation Drives (Bad) Behavior – The Fiduciary Rule
- 5 Reasons to Keep Working After Retirement
- Mind the Gap, Then Fund the Gap
- Your Retirement Fix: Stop Listening to Your Own Excuses
- Your Retirement Planning Warning
- 5 Reasons to Be Concerned About Another Financial Crisis
Getting hooked on the idea of revamping your retirement strategy? There’s plenty more content where that came from. Check out these additional resources:
- Which Retirement Account Is Best for You?
- How to Protect Your Emergency Money From Yourself
- What’s Your Most Powerful Retirement Planning Tool?
- What’s Missing From Your Financial Planning Checklist?
Want the PDF?
Download the PDF of this article. (And dozens of others.)